This low carb dish has been on repeat in our home lately. It’s the perfect dish to get that fettuccini already craving kicked and not feel bad about it! And it’s a quick to toss together.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (I usually buy dairy free)
- Cashew milk (or you can substitute vanilla soy-milk or cream)
- 1 Pre-packaged zucchini spirals
As most things in life, I’m pretty chill, so I don’t really measure when making up concoctions and I don’t mix one thing in one bowl and one thing in another. So when in real life I start by browning my chicken and then literally just dumping one ingredient in, and then adding the next. While when it comes to real foodie bloggers they’d probably say to mix the sauce in a separate bowl.
So since this is my recipe, my rules are as follows:
- Brown chicken in skillet
- Mix in garlic, cilantro, coconut oil, lime juice, Italian seasoning, salt and paper. Mix it up, let is stir around in the skillet for a bit, and taste. Need more of something, add some!
- Then add the zucchini noodles. I usually buy store bought already made into noodles, because of time.
- For the sauce I just use the mozzarella cheese and cashew milk. I throw this in right into the pasta, but you can also heat this up on the side. And if your’e not worried about dairy free- use regular, which is probably even better!
- Eat away!
The boys love peppers so I’ve also thrown those in a time or too and it tastes just as good!