MMMM, MMMmmm, mmmmm….Have you ever had PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps? If not, you are missing out! But have no fear we are going to share our knock-off recipe with you today, so get ready for it to be a new staple in your life.
When I was living out in California, I worked at a Seafood restaurant called Gladstone’s, which I highly recommend if you ever make it to Long Beach, CA. Gladstone’s was located on the pier right next door to PF Chang’s. And at least two times per week after our shift ended at work a group of us would make our way next door for some food and drinks.
And I don’t think I ever ordered anything else off the menu but their lettuce wraps. I inhaled them and it wasn’t too uncommon that I would order another order.
This has since become a staple in our home, Jamie and the boys love it as much as me and it’s so simple and easy to make! However, we all don’t love water chestnuts so this is something we’re always leaving off of the recipe.
Hope you and your family enjoy this simple knock off recipe as much as we do!
- 1 TBS Sesame Oil
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground chicken
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Green Onions
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBS Siracchi
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 TBS Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 8 oz can Water chestnuts ( I leave these off)
- 1 head Butter leaf Lettuce
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon oilive oil and brown ground chicken
- In a separate bowl combine 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon sriracha , 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, 2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- Once chicken is cooked, add 1 finely chopped yellow onion and 8 oz water chesnuts
- Stir for one minute
- Add sauce mixture into ground chicken and onion combo
- Stir together until mixed.
- Scoop into your lettuce cups & enjoy!