Gimme all the pasta!! One thing that has surely been the same throughout all of my pregnancies, is the carb cravings. I live off of pasta and bagels! And this fettuccine recipe I’ve been whipping up lately is one I can’t put down.
However, in this round of pregnancy, I have stepped up my actual pasta game. I recently came across a company called Wild Grain and fell in love not only with their products but who they are and what they stand for.
My favorite thing about their story is that they started their brand when they were pregnant and looking for healthy, organic ingredients, healthy fibers, and high-quality carbs! So at least I can feel a bit less guilty when I’m indulging in my fettuccine alfredo weekly. And although this recipe should serve my family of four, I’ll admit, I often indulge and enjoy it all for myself with zero regrets.
There are a lot of great fettuccine recipes out there but this is my quick and easy version that I really enjoy. And it’s so simple to make as you hardly need any ingredients besides pasta, butter, and parmesan. And it’s the true authentic way, however, this momma at times likes to have a bit more of a heavier cream sauce (which wouldn’t be the authentic way), so we’re sharing both. Which one just doesn’t need cream while the other does.
And if you’d like to try out the Wild Grain pasta, they are so generous to give you all $10 off your first box. Just use discount code: “CONSTRUCTION_10” when checking out. And I have to say, the taste of the pasta does make all the difference in the way this entire recipe tastes, it’s so much more flavorful and you will almost think you are in Italy enjoying a dish.
They also have some wonderful homemade sourdough bread and dessert that we pair our dishes with.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 1 pound Pasta!
- ¼ cup (½ stick) Butter
- 1¾ cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (Optional)
- Fill a large pot of water, heat to boiling, and cook your pasta per instructions
- In a separate pan, melt ¼ cup (½ stick) butter over medium heat
- Once butter is melted add 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Drain the pasta, but save the water!
- Add the pasta into the pan with melted butter & cheese combo
- If desired add 1 cup heavy cream (this would be making it the non-authentic way)
- Toss pasta into the sauce.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Add in 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add more cheese to your desire.
- Add more pasta water if needed. But be careful to not add too much!
- Dish up, sprinkle some parsley on top
If you enjoy a creamier sauce, you can always replace the diluted pasta water with milk or cream. Leaving the cream out and sticking with water, butter and cheese is the truly authentic way to make alfredo sauce but I feel you when you just need a little extra cream in your life!