Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Which means, we make a small commission off the sale. This is no additional cost or does no harm to you. Thank you for supporting our small business.
We looked long and hard for the perfect black and gold light fixtures for our renovation. We wanted two or three oversized pendants above the island, a big chandelier over the dining room table, and a couple of sconces above the floating shelves in the kitchen and the piano room.
If you’ve never sourced lighting fixtures for your home, it’s hard. There are so many cool styles and colors out there; it’s hard to narrow down your options if you don’t have anything in mind.
For us, we knew we only wanted black or gold, domes or drums over the island, arm swings for sconces and a big chandelier. We also didn’t want to spend a ton of money. And lighting costs can add up fast. So I thought finding the perfect light would be easy being we knew the style and price we needed to stick to. And I’m a big fan of mixing metals, so I wasn’t picky about the color of gold. To my surprise, we had to hunt and hunt and hunt.
So since we spent months sourcing these styles of fixtures, I wanted to spare you all the pain and share our top finds of gold and black light fixtures for those of you that may be on the hunt too.
Like I said, for the island, we wanted a couple of oversized drums or domes. We had our eyes on #1, #2, and #3. We even bought them all, but in the end, we decided to go with #1 and return the rest. To be honest, Jamie wasn’t a fan of any. He thought they were all way too big. But after our blogger reveal party, all the bloggers said they had to stay. And I’m a fan of oversized, so I was pumped! And hey, if we get sick of them in a couple of years, we can always easily swap them out.
- Our Kitchen Light | $212.99
- Matte Black and Satin Brass | $130
- Inverted Pendant | $65.90
- Knoxville Mini | $101.99
- Dome Pendant | $297.97
- Dark Antique Brass | $276.25
- Inverted | $95.99
- Classic Tapered Metal | $169
Since I got to chose the kitchen lighting, I let Jamie choose the dining room. At first, I wanted a couple of dome lights, but Jamie was persistent on putting up a chandelier. We used this same light in a client’s home this past fall so we knew we’d liked it. It’s simple and classic.
Chandeliers can be extremely pricey too. I had my eyes on #5, but in the end, Jamie won the vote! We plan to build a big dining room table soon, and Jamie wanted the light to be able to be spread across the table, not just be right smack dab in the middle.
- Our Dining Room Chandelier, 251 1st Kenwood Vintage | $289.90
- George Kovacs Pontil Honey Gold | $275
- Ganador 5- Light Shaded Chandelier | $184.99
- 251 First Fulton Back Iron Eight- Light | $891
- Artcraft Castello Black and Aspen Wood Six- Light | $853.00
- Forge Industrial 7-Light | $200
- Rustic 8-Light | $399.98
Oh, I was so excited about these! This was an easy one to find. I wanted gold arm swings above the floating shelves and saw these on sale at Wayfair at the time for under $100.
For the piano room, I wanted to have black sconces to compliment the black shiplap wall. I’ve had my eye on this style for awhile and again when I saw them online for under $50; I was sold and bought them immediately.
- Our Kitchen Gold Wall Sconces | $107.99
- Our Piano Room 1 Light Barn Light | $49.99
- Bautista 1-Light Glam Steel Wallchiere | $53.99
- Angelina Modern 1-Light Wallchiere | $65.99
- Savoy House Black Wall Swing | $142.20
- Savoy House Monroe with Shade | $159
We didn’t end up doing any ceiling lighting, but we were contemplating doing some over the sink and in the entrance but decided not to. Our current living room that is right off the kitchen has a large outdated fan with no light, and we’re going to swap that out with a ceiling light soon. So I had my eyes on some of these and are still some of my favorites.
- Tremaine 3-Light Semi Flush Mount | $111.99
- Salter 1-Light Semi Flush Mount | $48.99
- Classic Ribbed Glass Globe | $139
- Zeli 5- Light | $179.99
- Minka- Lavery Harbour Point 2- Light | $210
- Mill & Mason Bridgewater | $390
- Canarm Oxyura 2-Light | $129.99
- Eglo Drum | $90