I’ve had such a sweet tooth this pregnancy so I wanted to share one of my favorite sugar cookie recipes with you. We covered ours with pink frosting to celebrate the gender reveal of our baby girl!
These cookies were a staple in my parents’ restaurant, The Guest House, which is why I like to call them The Guest House Sugar Cookies. They melt in your mouth and, full disclosure, you won’t be able to stop at 2 or 3. Or for me, 5 or 6.
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 TBS milk or cream
- 4 cups powder sugar
- Combine in a bowl 1 cup powder sugar, 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs beaten.
- Once mixed, combine in 4 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp soda, 1 tsp cream of tartar, 1 tsp vanilla.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet and press down with a fork or glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool before frosting.
- To make the butter cream frosting cream together: 1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 TBS milk or cream, 4 cups powder sugar. Add food coloring if you want a fun pop of color!
- Spread onto cookies and enjoy!