My aunt Carol asked Jamie to make her some flower boxes for her and her husband’s new cabin. She showed Jamie a picture of what she ideally wanted and Jamie built from the picture. Jamie used cedar wood, 1×10 and 1×3. We painted the planters white to match the trim of their cabin. Jamie also put a water proof liner inside of the boxes to ensure longer life for the planters and to protect the cabin so that the water didn’t leak onto the siding. We installed the boxes with 5 lag bolts to ensure that it would hold all of the heavy dirt, being they were so large. Jamie even hung from the planters to ensure that they would hold all of the dirt. I think they turned out awesome and just like the picture!
6.30.2013- This past weekend we had a girls weekend up at the cabin and I got to see the planted flower boxes! Carol said she ended up putting 160 pounds bags of dirt into each planter. Glad they are holding up!! 🙂