All I have been dreaming about lately is laying on a beach and eating tacos and drinking margaritas! Anyone else?!
I think we can all go for anything that reminds us of the beach, sand, and ocean waves about right now. And these recipes do just that.
Both of these recipes are staples in our home every Tuesday night but we often find ourselves eating this slaw throughout the week. Not only is it great as a taco but you can throw it on a slider too and it’s just as delicious.
Like all of my recipes that we share, this is another family favorite that originated from my aunts and uncles. So I like to call this the Bergland Beergarita!
- 6 oz Frozen Limeade
- 6 oz Tequila
- 4 TBS Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- 6 oz Your choice of Beer (My family likes to use a dark and flavorful beer)
- Lots of Ice Cubes
Add 6 oz frozen Limemade, 6 oz Tequila, 4 TBS Triple Sec or Grand Marnier, 1/2 can beer into a blender, fill it full with ice and blend!
If you're doing it over rocks, I like to double the recipe, and throw it all into an oversized pitcher.
Don't double the recipe if you're putting it into a blender or it'll be over flowing!
I also wanted to share our favorite slaw for taco’s. If you’re like me and love to put some ranch on everything and also love tacos, you are going to love this recipe!
It’s alway a hit when entertaining too. Throw a pork roast in the crock pot, mix up the slaw and that’s all you need for a super tasteful taco night. We also use this slaw to top off pork, chicken or brisket sliders and that is always a hit as well! Not sure which I like best to be honest.
- 1 Packet Hidden Value Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 2 TBS Milk
- 6 ox or 1/2 bag Coleslaw Mix
- 1 cup Purple Cabbage
- 12 oz Corn
- 5-10 Shakes of Cumin
- 5-10 Shakes of Chili Powder
- Handful Cilantro
- Fresh Lime
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cabbage, 6 oz bag coleslaw mix, and 1 cup corn.
- In a separate bowl mix together 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo, 2 TBS milk and 1 packet hidden value ranch seasoning, 5 shakes of cumin, 5 shakes chili powder.
- Mix and taste test. Add more cumin and chili powder if necessary.
- Combine the slaw into creamy mixture, mix, and serve over your meat in tacos shells (we prefer street taco corn tortillas)
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro and squeezed lime over the top!